Today was my embryo transfer. I was pretty nervous. We had to leave extra early for the appointment because I had to drop something off and we had to bring the kids to Grant's place. Once we got to the clinic, they took us back and I took my Valium and then we were taken back to the room. They gave me some lucky socks to put on and then we waited for Dr. G. to come in. She came in and said the embryo thawed just fine. She showed us a picture of the embryo in stages pre-freezing through post thaw. The procedure is kind of like doing an IUI. There was another nurse doing an ultrasound so Dr. G could see my bladder and uterus. Then she stuck the speculum in and then a catheter. Then the embryologist brought in the embryo and Dr. G put it in my uterus. Before the embryo was in, we got to watch the embryologist (on a screen) rinse the embryo off. She'd even zoom in so we could see what it looked like. Dr. G and the nurse said it was already starting to hatch. Once the embryo was in there I had to lay there for 15 minutes and then we could go home. Once the time was up, we went and got the kids at Grant's. They did pretty good there. Once we got home, Eric took the kids to Walmart while I just chilled at home. Now we wait until January 1 when I get my blood drawn for my pregnancy test.
An Early Thanksgiving
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment