Friday, October 10, 2008

A little early, but not by much

So a couple of weeks ago Eric and I were at Albertson's and as we were walking in I saw this sweeeet pumpkin so I had to have it. We wanted to carve them early because we thought it would be funny to have pumpkins in September but we didn't make it. However, this past Monday for FHE we decided to finally carve our pumpkins. We had our friends Brian and Amanda come over and carve pumpkins with us. We had pumpkin pie (not homemade because I didn't feel like it) and vanilla ice cream, Yummy! These pictures are just of us (moreso Eric) carving pumpkins.
My pumpkin


His pumpkin


All the guts


The inside...


...and the outside which almost can fit my whole arm!


Eric working on putting his pattern on his pumpkin


My sweet pattern(s)


Done tracing


The kind of finished product


My finished (kind of) product. It looks cool because I put flour in the holes to see them better


Working on it


My actual finished product. I was going to put that rose on there but it was after midnight when I finished the dragon and I was a bit too tired. I don't know why but I didn't take a picture of Eric's sweet pumpkin. I was of the Mortal Kombat dragon symbol, pretty cool. I'll try to get a picture up.

4 comments:

Leisha and Tanner said...

Erica...you stole my pumpkin!!! :) How weird is it that we both wanted that same pumpkin!? We are so cool!

Derek said...

I saw your guys' pumpkins on your porch they are awesome. I kinda forgot that you lived there :) But I was seriously impressed :)

Charlotte said...

that is a TOTALLY sweet pumpkin! I'm jealous now.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! You went all out on the pumpkin carvings, I am not so talented or as patient (I just do the same pumpkin face, boring). Salted and toasted pumpkins seeds are so good, I always look forward to that part of pumpkins