Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Again

This past weekend at the institute they had a pumpkin carving date night. They had a ton of pumpkins there to choose from. Eric and I decided before we got there to do an easy pattern so we wouldn't be there forever. When we got there I cleaned it out and he carved it.

Cutting out the lid...


Tracing the pattern...


So this is kind of weird but our pumpkin had this super green stem that seemed almost a fake color that I have never seen before and I thought it was super cool.


Carving it out. I was going to try to get pictures of people coming around and looking at Eric carving the pumpkin but I didn't think of doing it until after he was done. It was kind of funny when people would come around, they'd be like "Oh that is so cool, etc." I'm pretty proud.


The finished product. It doesn't look as cool without a candle in it but it looks a lot better lit up.



We think we got hosed in the competition that we didn't know about. Everyone that was still there had their pumpkins judged. The Elders thought ours was pretty sweet and they kept looking at it. We heard them talking to the other judges, senior missionaries, and they said they really liked the pumpkin. When they announced the winners, a carving of Joseph Smith got 3rd, one of Brother Bradley (institute teacher) got 2nd, and one of a cat on a fence got 1st. They were good but I still think we got hosed and we figured that we couldn't really get better than Joseph Smith because that would be semi-sacrilegious. Oh well.

No comments: