Saturday, December 23, 2017

Bear Lake

This weekend we went up to Bear Lake as a family for the second year in a row.

12/21/17
We left after the kids got out of school. The drive wasn't too bad, not very much snow. While I "watched" Owen, Eric unloaded the van. Tia made taco soup for dinner and Emma, Sadie, and Brooke took a bubble bath together. They had a lot of fun playing in the bubbles.

We hung out the rest of the night. Stacey them and Matt and Nicolle got there a little later. We watched Nacho Libre downstairs and I ended up going to bed early because I was so tired. Eric and I didn't sleep the best because Owen was in our room and he was coughing a lot and I was kind of sick so hardly got any sleep.

12/22/17
Today was our only full day at the cabin. For breakfast (it was out turn) we made biscuits and gravy and had bananas, juice and milk. It ended up being a little later because it took longer than I thought it would, but it turned out good.

Each of us had thought of an activity to do just in case there was no snow (which there wasn't yet). Stacey brought 2 different ornaments to paint (Christmas tree and a snowman). Conner and Emma used a lot of paint on theirs so the colors on their trees were all mixed together, but they had fun.

After painting, a few of the younger kids, Emma, Sadie for most of it and then Gage and Kade (I think) played Don't Eat Pete (my activity).

Watching someone's tablet

After Don't Eat Pete, almost everybody went on a walk to look for money (Emma ended up finding $0.46. I stayed behind with Owen and Conner. Conner played the iPad and I put Owen down to take a nap while I took a shower and then tried to take a nap also because I was so tired. Owen slept a little bit but I don't think I got any sleep because as soon as I was about to go to sleep everyone came home and wasn't quiet so oh well.

For lunch (whenever it was) we had pulled pork sandwiches (my parents' turn.

Before dinner we all opened our presents to each other. Matt gave me a set that had a loofah, body wash, body butter, and hand cream. Blaise had Eric and gave him some Metal Earth models (F-15, F-22, and F-35).


For dinner we had pizzas. It was pretty good. Matt and Nicolle were in charge of this meal.

After dinner we did Tia's activity which was decorating sugar cookies. They were really good. She brought a bunch of sprinkles and frosting. Conner loaded his up with frosting and sprinkles. It looked kind of gross with all of that stuff on it. Emma ended up eating it later. Emma's didn't have as much stuff on it. Both of the kids had fun doing it.

Flossing, sort of

Later, we played a game called "Poop the Potato." Nicolle brought it. It was pretty funny. You put the potato between your legs and then have to walk to a garbage can and drop the potato in. It was pretty funny watching everyone do it. Conner just grabbed it and ran with it instead of putting it between his legs.

Owen zoning out while his back and head are being rubbed

The kids slept upstairs in the bunk-beds this year and they did pretty good in them. I went to bed before the adults again tonight because I was so tired.

12/23/17
Today was our last day. It started snowing last night and was still snowing in the morning. Tia them had breakfast. They made pancakes (Conner was pretty excited about that) and sausages. After breakfast, we just wen sledding in the driveway instead of going where we did last year. The kids had a lot of fun. Owen even had fun crawling around in the snow. He even tried to lay down in the snow and got snow on his face. It was kind of sad but cute because he got so upset. He even liked sledding. It was so cute. Conner and Emma even fun sledding. It was fun watching all of the kids sledding.

After a while we took a picture of all the kids and then headed back inside to finish packing up and to eat lunch. We had Hawaiian haystacks made by Stacey them.

After lunch we loaded up the van. Last night all of the vans were moved to a lower parking lot so they wouldn't get stuck like last year. We loaded up my parents' Explorer with our stuff and took it down to the van. After they came back we took a group picture and then headed on our way home. It was a fun trip but I am glad to be home.

No comments: