Monday, August 24, 2009

Raku

Last Wednesday was our last night in Vegas so we decided to go to one of our new favorite restaurants, Raku. We invited our new friends, the Bunn's, to go partly because Dan went to Japan on his mission and while he was in the Navy. We had a lot of fun eating and talking with each other. They ended up treating us (Thank you soo much!!!). They also took some of the food that we were unable to pack in our car which helped us out a lot.

For dinner I had to have the Kobe beef again.
Eric decided to try something new so he got freshwater eel. He liked it, but I thought it tasted like mushy fish, but that's just me.
I also got the yummy chicken again too. It's kind of hard for me to try new things but I did try the eel though.
We also got these fried rice balls. They had a different taste to them but they were pretty good. Dan Bunn thought the leaves were grape leaves.
For dessert I got fluffy cheesecake. It was kind of different than regular cheesecake. It wasn't as sweet and tasted more milky, but still good. It had a chocolate crust and some fruit on the inside.
Eric got brown sugar pudding. It had foamy milk on the top. It felt more like jello than pudding. A little different, but good too.

1 comment:

Melissa Bunn said...

Thanks for inviting us. It was definately fun to try some different food. Your pictures turned out great. I hope all is going well for you guys! We miss you.