This is on the way of our wild goose chase to find the wild horses. You can't really tell in this picture but it looks like the mountain is sideways (hint: look at the layers).
This one is of us on the road that goes past the prison and we passed this funny sign. We (me) almost took a picture of the prisoners because they were chopping rocks like they do in the movies, but they didn't have any chains on them like a chain gang. But, I figured I wouldn't take a picture because it would be kind of weird and somewhat scary.
So instead of wild horse searching we decided to find a trail to hike. We decided to hike the Fletcher Canyon Trail.
It was a very beautiful hike. The trail was fairly easy because it was mostly flat with a slight incline on the hike in but it was kind of hard for me because I was sick and had a stuffy nose so I couldn't breath very well. There were a lot of pretty views and landscapes on our hike. Before our hike we got a little pamphlet at the visitor's center for the trail and it showed some places/landmarks throughout the trail in 1/2 mile increments. I think it was full of crap because when we got to the first landmark, we were for sure we had traveled at least a mile which is two 1/2 miles. So we figure the people who made the pamphlets just picked random spots to start from or they forgot to measure how long the trail was so they just guessed. So we decided to stop at the first landmark, eat our picnic, and then go on back.
These are just some pretty pictures of the scenery on our hike with one of us of course.
I just think these three pictures are cool. In the first you can't really tell but there is a tree at the top of the cliff. In the next picture you can kind of tell and the last picture you can see it. I just thought it was cool that there was a tree growing (maybe) on the top of a cliff.


3 comments:
Glad you guys are having fun...looking forward to seeing you guys again soon!
This post makes me want to go hiking!! You both are making good use of your time in Vegas!! I like all the pics!
Erica, I am glad that you found our blog! It's the best way to keep in touch with friends. I am glad to see you are both well and haveing adventures in Vegas! How long are you guys there? Keep in touch!! Becky
Post a Comment