Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 5: The Aquarium

Today some of us decided to go to the aquarium in Tampa. It was a pretty cool place. This is the front of the aquarium.
When we first walked in there was this tank that had sting rays in there that we could pet. At the top of the picture you can kind of tell, but there was this huge ray.
These are just some pictures from the aquarium: A cool turtle swimming around
There was this duck that had a blue beak and I tried to take a picture but every time it would look like it was glowing so it looks kind of funny.
A cute little owl that I thought was fake at first because it didn't move.
Some cool birds.
These were some fish that you could see through.
You could see through the floor in some parts.
This is Tomo sitting with the mermaid. Kind of funny.
A shark and ray.
I tried to get a picture of the cool little seahorse but it was always moving so fast so it's kind of blurry.
I don't remember what kind of fish this was, but it was huge and ugly and can get up to 800 pounds!
They also had this tank where you could touch the starfish. The water was freezing!
So there were these rocking chairs set-up throughout the aquarium and as I was walking through the aquarium I saw this older couple sitting in the chairs looking in a fish tank (second picture). It was kind of funny. I pretended to take a picture of this big fish that was hanging up right above them and took one of them too.
Just some cool fern plant things.
I really like this fish. It was a really bright fish and the camera doesn't do it justice. I call it my Lakers fish for obvious reasons.
This is just a cool little yellow seahorse.
So there was this separate tank for these special seahorses because they were pregnant. The cool thing about them was was that they were guys and they were the pregnant ones. Oh how would that be.
This was a cool seahorse thing. It was called a dragon fish or something like that. I wanted to take a better picture but we couldn't use our flashes because it would scare them.
So at a couple of places there was this smoke curtain that had cartoons playing on them. It was pretty cool.
Later that night we went to Outback Steakhouse and ended up being the first Outback. Sweet! This is the yummy desert I had there.

1 comment:

The Allens said...

Cool pictures. That starfish looks like it's flying!