So today, this morning, I was on my way to Idaho Falls for a dentist appointment and it was snowing kind of hard outside. Everything was going fine but when I started to drive through the lavas (in between Blackfoot and Idaho Falls) when I started to fishtailing. I started to slow down but I was still fishtailing so I pulled off the road. I was shaking sooo bad. I sat there for a few minutes, shaking, and then call Eric freaking out. After I talked to Eric a cop pulled over and asked what was wrong. I told him I was fishtailing and I was kind of wondering if something may be wrong with the car. He checked the tires but nothing was wrong, so he said he'd follow me for a few miles to make sure everything was okay. So I started going but as soon as they turned around it seemed like a started fishtailing again. I went a little bit further, trying to be brave, but I got scared again so I pulled over again. I called Eric and asked him what I should do, and while I was talking to him another cop pulled over and asked what was wrong, so I told him and he said there was an exit that I should try to get to so I am not a hazard on the freeway. Eric called some people to try and get a ride to where I was at because I was too scared to drive. I got brave and drove the couple of miles to the exit and pulled over and waited for Eric to come and get me. I waited for a little bit and then our friends, the Turpin's, brought Eric to where I was at.
So thanks to all the cops who were nice to me. Thanks to the Turpin's who drove Eric to come and get me. Thanks to Eric for being patient with me for waking him up 3 hours earlier than normal and for driving me home. And most definitely thanks to Heavenly Father for making sure I wasn't harmed.
An Early Thanksgiving
2 days ago


1 comment:
Yikes!! My dad was on that same stretch of freeway Friday morning and saw 3 rollovers. I'm so glad you're okay!
Post a Comment